Building strength, losing weight and making changes to your home are all strategies that can have a positive impact on the success of your surgery. But these things do not happen overnight.
PreHab education gives you the information that you need to begin setting goals to help you prepare for your surgery.
PreHab will address these questions:
- What is osteoarthritis?
- How can I protect my joints?
- What helping aids should I use?
- How can weight loss help?
- How can I improve my eating habits and food choices?
- Which nutrients can help before surgery?
- Why should I exercise?
- What exercises should I do?
- How much exercise is too much?
- How can I control my pain?
How do I register for PreHab education?
You will be contacted by OASIS to attend this free session. If you are on the surgical waitlist and haven’t been contacted by OASIS, please contact us.
Where is PreHab offered?
PreHab is offered in Vancouver and Richmond.
How long is the class?
The session is 2 hours long with a short break.
What should I bring to the class?
- Any questions you may have about osteoarthritis or surgery
- A snack (if you are diabetic)
- Your glasses if you use them for reading or watching television
- A family member or friend if you like. Please leave young children at home.
- Do NOT bring equipment that you will not need during the session, such as grabbers or walkers
View the OASIS PreHab presentation